INTEGRATIVE COACHING, LEADERSHIP & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
My services provide leaders, organization and individuals with “vision and knowledge” for creating an integrated successful career and life balance. Personalized coaching supports clients as they navigate personal and professional change. Through professional assessments and individualized strategies, coaches empower business executives and leadership potentials to improve their leadership abilities, make positive impact, and take their careers to the next level!
As an integrative business coach I am able to assist executives, organizational leaders, and professionals with leadership potential to:
- Discover, align, and ACHIEVE personal and/or organizational GOALS
- Expand upon and encourage SELF-DISCOVERY
- Link personal and/or organizational self-discovery with SHARED VISION
- Spark client-generated SOLUTIONS and STRATEGIES
- Partner to create POSITIVE and SUCCESSFUL IMPACT
- INSPIRE and EMPOWER clients through developmental resources
- Be RESPONSIBLE and ACCOUNTABLE leaders
- Reinforce the value of SHARED responsibility and accountability for GROWTH and DEVELOPMENT
HOW I WORK
The leadership development strategy I use in partnering with clients consists of FOUR powerful elements: 1) Focus (core understanding of Leadership Skills and Coaching and Developing Effective leaders ), 2) Approach (strategy for addressing key development areas , 3) Action (steps to achieve desirable results), and 4) Solutions (results based on goals). Click on the four tabs below.
Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. – Lao Tzu
UNDERSTANDING LEADERSHIP COACHING & DEVELOPMENT
Leadership as a strength begins with the individual, accordingly “self-leadership” is the first step or focus in leadership development. It all starts and ends with you! Without leading yourself first you cannot lead others towards success. As a positive outcome, great leadership is developed, respected, and powerful.
Effective leaders today are knowledgeable and experienced, while at the same time are flexible, engaged, open to change and inspire others to be truly effective. Recognizing that leadership style and drive comes from previous learning and past experiences, all effective coaching begins with the understanding of where you are before you can grow personally or professionally. The main goal of developing “effective leaders” is that by leading energetically and authentically, a transformation can take place where there is positive impact on one’s own life, which filters onto their teams, the company’s bottom-line, and the overall general success and effectiveness of an organization.
Coaching is a developmental process of supporting individuals in making conscious decisions about their professional, personal and business/organizational lives.
“Leadership” coaching identifies and builds upon “strengths” and allows individuals to use those strengths to act upon personal and organizational values. The ultimate goal of Leadership Coaching is to help an individual or a team – move to a new action or behavior while learning, growing and developing.
DEVELOPING EFFECTIVE LEADERS
The “FOCUS” therefore is on individuals with essential leadership skills, or those who want to develop those skills to be effective leaders professionally or in their personal lives, by cultivating accountability, enthusiasm, commitment, relatability, and respect of others. It is about getting leaders empowered so they can empower others. If you don’t think of yourself as a leader, then you are limited in your thinking. “Leading” is the way we help move people, including ourselves into action and towards implementing change.
WHAT THE LEADERSHIP COACH DOES
Guiding clients to understand their styles in learning, interacting, leading, making decisions, managing people and conflict. Partners to identify goals, vision, barriers, and strategies for success. Supports priorities and reinforcement of new insights and practices. Brings an experienced and strategic perspective of business and human management elements to a company or leader. Assess and apply organizational culture and expectations to create a more productive environment. Enhancing an individual’s performance to increase their effectiveness and productivity. Discovers opportunities for effective communication. Builds upon client’s personal strengths and values. Fosters an action plan for the leader’s accountability and success..
Introduction to Leadership Model
The 6 Stages of Implementing Change for Leadership Success
Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality. – Warren Bennis
Introduction to Leadership Model:
This model is aimed at developing the skills and strengths of an executive, manager, business owner, or a person with leadership potential. It presents a collaborative approach for client and coach to create sustained change in the quality of work and life. The client brings the content and the coach provides the process. The customized model delivers services through one-on-one and group coaching, assessments, research, written reports, team building, and specific training and development approaches. Leadership Coaching is therefore a partnership with individuals or teams in executive or management positions or those with leadership potential seeking to advance.
STAGE 1: The Coaching Framework and Agreement
Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes… but no plans. – Peter Drucker
Understanding change readiness and creating the coaching roadmap
Description: The coaching partnership is the framework for development and success by:
- Providing the balance for personal and professional achievement
- Developing interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Increasing awareness of leadership shortcomings and growth opportunities
- Exploring impact of behavior on others and to opportunities available
- Understanding current challenges and creative solutions towards bridging gaps
STAGE 2: Establishing The Groundwork for Change
The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new. – Socrates
Defining objectives & aligning expectations
- Description:The client’s vision is the essence of the change process by:
- Identifying client goals and expected outcomes
- Aligning coach and client expectations
- Linking coaching expectations with personal and business objectives
- Creating a plan for leveraging personal strengths and developmental needs
- Moving forward with the plan and commitment to contractual agreement
STAGE 3: Discovery/ Needs Assessment
Things do not change; we change. – Henry David Thoreau
Description: The identification of strengths, objectives, methods, gaps, and areas for growth by:
- Bridging the gap between where you are and where you want to be
- Overcoming obstacles impeding progress
- Determining if an assessment tool is needed and if so, best approach to integrate
- Strategizing assessments with desired outcomes i.e., interviews, 360-degree feedback, personality/abilities/skills/interests/values tools and emotional intelligence
- Mapping out action steps to cultivate and navigate objectives
STAGE 4: Development Plan
Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Description: The development process begins after assessment results are reviewed, strengths and development areas are prioritized, and goals and objectives are transformed into change initiatives. Feedback between client and designated business stakeholder(s) promotes effective communication for meeting stated objectives by:
- Establishing and prioritizing developmental strategies for coaching outcomes
- Defining goals and objectives for direction and purpose
- Operationalizing and prioritizing outcomes from key stakeholders
- Determining implementation plan from assessment tools or by observation
- Leveraging strengths for planned interventions and initiatives
STAGE 5: Implementation
There is always a step small enough from where we are to get us to where we want to be. If we take that small step, there’s always another we can take, and eventually a goal thought to be too far to reach becomes achievable. – Ellen Langer
Description: The application of change efforts to initiate desired results. This stage includes the aforementioned stages, steps, and sessions to clarify and align goals and objectives by:
- Rolling out initiatives, in organizations
- Formalizing a development plan
- Bridging strategies where needed
- Facilitating the development plan
STAGE 6: Evaluation and Sustainability
For changes to be of any true value, they’ve got to be lasting and consistent. – Tony Robbins
Description: This final stage utilizes measures to collect post intervention/ initiative data to demonstrate impact and plan for ongoing development. The goal is to sustain an individual/ business from reverting to “old ways” while the change process moves forward. The monitoring of behavior and results assesses progress with self-awareness, commitment, and accountability by:
- Reviewing/measuring business impact
- Generating new possibilities and solutions
- Measuring progress through achievements and success
- Celebrating, praising, and recognizing accomplishments and use of strengths
- Reassessing and refocusing
- Sustaining change after three to six months
- Determining personal accountability for sustainable change
If you don’t know where you are headed, you’ll probably end up someplace else. – Douglas J. Eder, Ph.D
Using a variety of resources/ tools or inventory instruments to assist individuals and businesses identify their strengths and abilities are often implemented in the coaching and development process. Assessments are used to gather information about an individual’s values, behaviors, competencies, goals, interests, and potential opportunities for development. On an organizational level, assessments are conducted systematically by assessing the internal structures and systems of the organization. They provide information for decision makers to determine what is going well and what needs to be strengthened or fundamentally changed, in order for the organization to better achieve its mission.
Sometimes the change effort requires a formal assessment of specific issues and expectations, the organization’s culture, and of the client’s strengths and barriers to develop a plan and strategies to reach the stated goals. In this case:
- Competencies are identified and defined.
- Assessment strategy is defined.
- Assessment tools are identified and/or developed for individual self-discovery, focused coaching, and for a framework for quantifying qualitative information.
- Data is collected and analyzed.
Assessments range from:
- Abilities/Skills: These assessments focus on providing feedback on critical skill, competencies and abilities (e.g., cognitive abilities).
- Personality/Style: These “ Style” based tools are often used to assess specific coaching areas including decision making, learning, leadership, conflict, and communication style.
- Interests/Values: Although not intuitive, these factors are strongly correlated with job satisfaction, engagement and retention, and are important to measure in coaching engagements. Making sure that the client’s values are aligned with those of the organization is critical to ensure the client remains challenged and excited to stay with the organization.
- Health/Well-Being: The use of assessments measuring resilience, work/life balance, health risk and job burnout
Dr. Arianne Weiner has been trained in Myers-Briggs®, Clifton StrengthFinders®, FIRO-B®, TKI®, 360° Feedback®, certified in DISC® and uses a variety of other current industry practice developmental tools.
Action is not limited to the use and interpretation of personality and skill-based assessments, instruction, role modeling, and action learning assignments. Together we work to create systems and approaches that align training and development programs with business (e.g., driving revenue or repeat satisfied customers) and/or individual goals. We assess the effectiveness of learning and development programs and track individual learners’achievements. Having meaningful training builds engagement, supports leadership development, and helps you plan for the success of the company and your employees. While it’s tempting to let go of development plans, most organizations know that learning and development are key to employee retention and organizational longevity. This results in retaining high-performance employees while improving productivity — a win-win for both budgets and sustainability.
Customized Business Solutions for Creating Lasting Impact!
Dr. Weiner is dedicated to coaching and developing her clients to be successful individuals, valued team members, and to function effectively as organizations. Leadership coaching is a collaborative process which supports leaders with a customized plan for implementing change to achieve successful results. Each plan involves a broad and integrated effort focusing on the organization’s internal structure to align people and systems, and to enhance individual development and organizational performance.